ETSI - GS OEU 002
Operational energy Efficiency for Users (OEU); Energy Consumption Measurement of Operational Technical Equipment of Copper and Optical Fixed Access
|Publication Date:||1 June 2015|
The present document proposes Key Performance Indicators (KPI) applicable by vendors in laboratories or by operators in operational situations. The scope of the present document is exclusively dealing with the Multi-Service Access Node MSAN, configured for both Fiber to the Home (FTTH) and Digital subscriber line (DSL) usages.
Considering the foreseen implementation of energy consumption meters embedded in the MSAN allowing real time knowledge of energy consumption, clause 4 proposes the operational KPIs which should be managed by the Network Management System (NMS).
The present document proposes engineering KPIs to evaluate and to model on-field energy consumption.
The present document is structured in three clauses:
1) Listing the key parameters which have most impact on the power consumption.
2) Defining a MSAN power consumption model when it is used as a digital subscriber line access multiplexer (DSLAM) to obtain a green Operational KPI, according to the key parameters.
3) Defining the methodology for an optical line termination (OLT).
To be noted:
The DSLAM is a Digital Subscriber Line Access Multiplexer that could be split in three sets:
- ATM DSLAM: A DSLAM with an internal ATM bus (which supports xDSL services).
- IP DSLAM: A DSLAM with an internal IP bus.
- GE DSLAM: Equipment with GE uplink card.
The OLT (Optical Line Termination) is an equipment with internal IP bus which provides FTTH services.
The MSAN which is an equipment with internal IP BUS, provides either DSL services or POTS services or GPON services or any mix together.