NAVY - OPNAV 1000.16L
(N12) NAVY TOTAL FORCE MANPOWER POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
|Publication Date:||24 June 2015|
Purpose. To establish policy and procedures required to develop, review, approve, implement and update total force manpower requirements and authorizations for all naval activities.
a. Major changes include:
(1) The incorporation of the resource sponsor (RS) construct and the roles and responsibilities of the new Office of the Chief of Naval Operations, Navy Education Strategy and Policy Branch (OPNAV (N127)).
(2) Updated roles and responsibilities including specific guidance for Navy Manpower Analysis Center (NAVMAC) and the type commanders (TYCOM).
(3) A complete revision of policies governing Navy availability factors (NAF) and section 403, commercial services management (CSM).
(4) The addition of section 704, activity manpower document (AMD), which replaces the former appendix E.
(5) The removal of the former appendix D, flag officer position criteria and format.
b. This is a complete revision and should be reviewed in its entirety.