Petroleum and natural gas industries - Modular drilling rigs for offshore fixed platforms
|Publication Date:||1 August 2017|
|ICS Code (Exploratory, drilling and extraction equipment):||75.180.10|
This document gives requirements for the design, fabrication, installation, commissioning and integrity management of modular drilling rigs on offshore fixed platforms.
The modular drilling rig includes some or all of the equipment as follows:
- drilling equipment including a derrick/mast and its controls that can be moved by skidding a drilling support structure;
- drilling support equipment which includes support facilities such as power supply/distribution system;
- mud and cement storage, mixing, monitoring and control equipment.
This document is applicable to the modular drilling equipment on offshore structures for the petroleum and natural gas industries, as follows:
- new equipment arranged in a modularized form;
- the equipment contained in several modules, each of which can be lifted and installed on to the platform, however, the equipment may be arranged within the modules as is convenient;
- the modules assembled together offshore for hook up and commissioning;
- intended for long term use on a new fixed offshore structure;
- Intended for temporary use on a number of different offshore platforms.
This document is not applicable to drilling equipment
- installed on mobile offshore units, and
- intended primarily for onshore use.
This document does not apply to those parts and functions of an offshore platform that are not directly related to drilling.