ISO/IEC TS 30103
Software and Systems Engineering - Lifecycle Processes - Framework for Product Quality Achievement
|Publication Date:||15 September 2015|
|ICS Code (Software):||35.080|
This Technical Specification provides guidance on
- applying processes from ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288:2008 in conjunction with other standards to contribute to achieving quality of systems and software products and services during the development stage of the life cycle (6.4),
- the information items that should be produced through the implementation of the relevant processes (6.5), and
- the new information items (Clauses 9 and 10).
The scope of this Technical Specification is to indicate how to apply the life cycle processes in ISO/IEC/ IEEE 15288:2008 to achieve quality in the context of a specific product. It is independent of any tailoring that may be made to modify the generic process descriptions to suit the needs of a particular context. Even after any applicable tailoring, there is a need to apply the resulting process guidance and determine the specific detailed activities, tasks and associated success criteria for each of the process instances needed to deliver the target system. That is the focus of the framework described in this Technical Specification.
This Technical Specification is applicable to
- those who use or plan to use ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288:2008 on projects dealing with man-made systems, software-intensive systems, software products, and services related to those systems and products, regardless of project scope, product(s), service(s), methodology, size or complexity,
- those who use or plan to use ISO/IEC/IEEE 15289 on projects dealing with man-made systems, software-intensive systems, software products, and services related to those systems and products, regardless of project scope, product(s), methodology, size or complexity,
- anyone performing technical processes and tasks,
- those who are responsible for the technical management of projects concerned with the development of systems,
- those responsible for performing ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288:2008 life cycle processes at a project level,
- organizations and individuals subcontracting a project management effort,
- anyone developing systems engineering management documentation to complete technical planning aspects of their project processes,
- anyone performing systems engineering activities,
- project managers responsible for staffing projects and identifying competency development needs,
- anyone developing information items during the application of project and technical processes, and
- anyone performing project and technical processes to aid in ensuring that the information items developed during these processes conform to ISO/IEC/IEEE 15289.