NFPA 80 HDBK
Standard for Fire Doors and Other Opening Protectives Handbook
|Publication Date:||1 January 2016|
This standard regulates the installation and maintenance of assemblies and devices used to protect openings in walls, floors, and ceilings against the spread of fire and smoke within, into, or out of buildings.
* With the exception of fabric fire safety curtain assemblies, this standard addresses assemblies that have been subjected to standardized fire tests. (See Chapter 20.)
* Incinerator doors, record room doors, and vault doors are not covered in this standard.
* Requirements for horizontally sliding, vertically sliding, and swinging doors as used in this standard do not apply to hoistway doors for elevators and dumbwaiters.
* This standard does not cover fire resistantance glazing materials and horizontally sliding accordion or folding assemblies fabricated for use as walls and tested as wall assemblies in accordance with ASTM E119, Standard Test Methods for Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials.
The purpose of this document is to set national standards for the installation and maintenance of assemblies used to protect openings in walls, floors, and ceilings to prevent or retard the spread of fire and smoke within, into, or out of buildings.
This document is also intended to give guidance to authorities having jurisdiction (AHJs) so they can determine in the field if an assembly meets the requirements and standards outlined in this document and if maintenance standards have been maintained.
* It is not the purpose of this standard to establish the degree of protection required or to constitute the approval of any product.