PACKT - WordPress Search Engine Optimization
|Publication Date:||28 October 2015|
A complete guide to dominating search engines with your WordPress site
About This Book
• Everything you need to get your WordPress site to the top of search engines and bring thousands of new customers to your blog or business
• Learn everything from keyword research and link building to customer conversions, in this complete guide
• Packed with real-word examples to help get your site noticed on Google, Yahoo, and Bing
Who This Book Is For
This book is for anyone who runs any of the over 90,000,000 WordPress installations throughout the world. If you can login to your WordPress website, you can implement most of the tips in this book without any coding experience.
What You Will Learn
• The elements that search engines use to rank websites-and how to optimize your site for premium placement
• Harness social media sites to extend the reach of your site and gain more visitors
• Discover the high-volume, high-value search phrases that customers use when searching for your products or services
• Avoid dangerous black-hat optimization techniques and the people who advocate and purvey them
• Build high-quality, high-value links from other websites to raise your rankings in search engines
• Create optimized and engaging content that both search engines and readers will love
• Avoid common SEO mistakes that can get your site penalized by search engines
WordPress is a powerful platform for creating feature-rich and attractive websites but, with a little extra tweaking and effort, your WordPress site can dominate search engines and bring thousands of new customers to your business.
WordPress Search Engine Optimization will show you the secrets that professional SEO companies use to take websites to the top of search results. You'll take your WordPress site to the next level; you'll brush aside even the stiffest competition with the advanced tutorials in this book.
Style and approach
This is a practical, hands-on book based around sound SEO techniques specifically applied to WordPress. Each chapter starts with a brief overview of the important concepts then quickly moves into practical step-by-step actions you can take immediately. Throughout the book, you'll get clear instructions and detailed screenshots, so you can see exactly what to do each step of the way