DEFINITION OF STANDARD INTERFACES FOR GALLEY INSERT (GAIN) EQUIPMENT PHYSICAL INTERFACES
|Publication Date:||23 November 2015|
The scope of this specification addresses all existing functional catering components. Specific examples include beverage makers, ovens, and refrigerators. Future plans include standards for existing equipment such as carts, containers, trash compactors, and emerging catering components such as ice makers, glass and dish washers, and multi-beverage dispensers. This document specifies physical attachments, envelopes, system connections, system performance attributes, design guidance, and qualification guidelines.
A partial list of these specifications follows:
- Size (Height x Width x Depth)
- Physical Attachment (Type, Location, Restraint Capability)
- Electrical (Type, Load, Connection, Location)
- Data (Type, Load, Connection, Location)
- Grounding and Bonding (Concept of Bonding Definition, Type, Resistance, Connection, Location)
- Potable Water (Type, Flow Rate, Pressure, Connection, Location)
- Drain (Type, Flow Rate, Pressure, Connection, Location)
- Clearance (Dimensions)
- External Temperature Effects (Heat Shielding)
- Miscellaneous Closeouts
The purpose of this specification is to define the general GAIN standardization philosophy, provide comprehensive equipment interfaces, and disseminate the most current industry guidance.