SNZ AS/NZS 60335.2.31
Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2.31: Particular requirements for range hoods and other cooking fume extractors
|Publication Date:||25 October 2013|
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric range hoods and other cooking fume extractors intended for installing above, beside, behind or under household cooking ranges, hobs and similar cooking appliances, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
NOTE 101 The cooking appliance can be supplied by electricity or other fuels, such as gas.
Appliances not intended for normal household use but that nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops, in light industry and on farms, are within the scope of this standard. As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- persons (including children) whose
• physical, sensory or mental capabilities; or
• lack of experience and knowledge prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction;
- children playing with the appliance.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appl iances incorporating electrostatic air f ilters, IEC 60335-2-65 also appl ies;
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraf t, additional requirements could be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specif ied by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national authorities responsible for bui ldings and similar authorities.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to
- appliances intended for commercial purposes (IEC 60335-2-99);
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).