Standard: LUL - G1148
MEDICATION AND FITNESS FOR WORK
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The following guidance has been developed to assist managers in deciding if an individual can undertake their duties when they report to work with:
• New medication to treat symptoms or a medical condition.
• Change of dose or stoppage of known medication.
When making your decision, you should consider the following:
• The medication being taken
• The underlying medical condition it treats and their symptoms.
• The employee’s subjective view of whether they feel able to carry out their full duties
Any employee in a safety critical role must declare any new medication to his manager (this includes any over-the-counter or herbal medication).
Any medication has the potential to cause side-effects; therefore employees must not rely on their judgement about the risks and implications of a medication.
All employees undertaking safety critical work should advise their medical practitioner (GP or specialist) that they undertake such work when any prescription is given to them.
Any employee experiencing ill health or side-effects which may jeopardize safety at work must inform their manager as soon as possible.
|Organization:||London Underground Library|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|G1148||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2015-07-01||Status: INAC|
|G1148||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2015-02-01||Status: INAC|
|G1148||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2014-06-01||Status: INAC|
|G1148||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2014-05-01||Status: INAC|
Standards That Reference This Standard
Showing 1 of 1.