Hoists for the transfer of disabled persons - Requirements and test methods
|Publication Date:||1 January 2015|
|ICS Code (Aids and adaptation for moving):||11.180.10|
This International Standard specifies requirements and test methods only for hoists and body-support units intended for the transfer of disabled persons as classified in ISO 9999:2002:
- 12 36 03 Mobile hoists with sling seats
- 12 36 04 Standing mobile hoists
- 12 36 06 Mobile hoists with solid seats
- 12 36 09 Hoist trolleys
- 12 36 12 Stationary hoists fixed to the wall/walls, floor and/or ceiling
- 12 36 15 Stationary hoists fixed to, mounted in or on another product
- 12 36 18 Stationary free-standing hoists
- 12 36 21 Body-support units for hoists
This International Standard does not apply to devices that transport persons between two levels (floors) of a building.
It does not include methods for the determination of ageing or corrosion of such hoists and units.
The requirements of this International Standard are formulated with regard to the needs of both the disabled persons being hoisted and the attendant using the hoist.