PACKT - Swift Essentials
|Publication Date:||27 January 2016|
Discover how to build iOS and watchOS applications in Swift 2 using Xcode
About This Book
• Gets you up and running with Swift programming without any prior iOS development experience.
• A fast paced guide showing best practices and lets you get up to speed with Swift to quickly build your own iOS applications
• A unique practical approach to make your life with Swift easy.
Who This Book Is For
Are you interested in learning Swift? Do you want to write iOS applications in Swift? If yes, then this is the book for you. No prior iOS programming experience is assumed; however, having some experience with any programming language will be beneficial.
What You Will Learn
• Dive into Swift and explore its innovative and powerful syntax
• Work with Swift in Xcode to get a unique and productive approach to development
• Find out how to create complete iOS applications
• Discover rapid prototyping with a Swift playground
• Get to know how to use the Swift storyboard to develop multi-page applications
• Get to grips with parsing JSON and XML data from network sources
• Build a network client for GitHub repositories, with full source code on GitHub
Swift was considered one of the biggest innovations last year, and certainly with Swift 2 announced at WWDC in 2015, this segment of the developer space will continue to be hot and dominating. This is a fast-paced guide to provide an overview of Swift programming and then walks you through in detail how to write iOS applications. Progress through chapters on custom views, networking, parsing and build a complete application as a Git repository, all by using Swift as the core language
Style and approach
This fast-paced practical guide will quickly give you hands-on experience with all the features of Swift programming. Following the practical examples in the book will help you successfully create your own iOS applications.