CEI EN 62734
Industrial networks - Wireless communication network and communication profiles - ISA 100.11a
|Publication Date:||1 December 2015|
|ICS Code (Industrial automation systems):||25.040|
|ICS Code (Open systems interconnection (OSI)):||35.100|
|ICS Code (Telecommunication systems):||33.040|
This International Standard specifies a method of reliable and secure wireless operation for non-critical monitoring, alerting, supervisory control, open loop control, and closed loop control applications. This standard defines a protocol suite, including system management, gateway considerations, and security specifications, for low-data-rate wireless connectivity with fixed, portable, and slowly-moving devices, often operating under severe energy and power constraints. The application focus of this standard is the performance needs of process automation monitoring and control, where end-to-end communication delays on the order of 100 ms can be tolerated.
This standard specifies the following:
• physical layer service definition and protocol specification;
• data-link layer service definition and protocol specification;
• network layer service definition and protocol specification;
• transport layer service definition and protocol specification;
• application layer service definition and protocol specification, including support for protocol tunneling and gateways;
• security and security management;
• provisioning and configuration;
• network management; and
• additive communication role profiles (i.e., one or more can be selected concurrently).
Functionality above the application layer of the OSI Basic Reference Model, such as the socalled User Layer and different profiles for functionality at that layer, is not addressed. However, it is discussed briefly in Annex A.