PACKT - SPRNG ESSNTLS
|Publication Date:||26 February 2016|
Build mission-critical enterprise applications using Spring Framework and Aspect Oriented Programming
About This Book
• Step into more advanced features of aspect-oriented programming and API components to build enterprise grade systems
• Build lightning-fast web applications and REST APIs using Spring MVC and its asynchronous processing capabilities with the view technologies of your choice
• Explore simplified but powerful data access techniques including JPA (Java Persistence Architecture) repositories and NoSQL data access
Who This Book Is For
If you are a Java developer who is looking to master Enterprise Java Development using Spring Framework, then this book is ideal for you. Prior understanding of core Java programming and a high-level understanding of Spring Framework is recommended. Having sound knowledge of servlet-based web development in Java and basic Database concepts would be an advantage but not a requirement.
What You Will Learn
• Set up and build standalone and web-based projects using Spring Framework with Maven or Gradle
• Get familiar with JSP Form processing using Spring and Form Tag Library
• Develop RESTful API applications for XML and JSON data transfers with non-blocking asynchronous capabilities
• Explore Spring's comprehensive transaction support for declarative Transaction Management and its integration with Spring's data access abstractions
• Investigate Spring Data access mechanisms with Spring Data Repositories, a simple and consistent data-access abstraction
• Construct real-time applications using WebSocket with a SockJS fallback option
• Understand how to secure your Spring Web and standalone applications using Spring Security declaratively and consistently
• Get to grips with the end-to-end development of an API-based modern SPA using EmberJS at the front end and SpringMVC at the back end
Spring is an open source Java application development framework to build and deploy systems and applications that run on the JVM. It is the industry standard and the most popular framework among Java developers with over two-thirds of developers using it.
Spring Essentials makes learning Spring so much quicker and easier with the help of illustrations and practical examples. Starting from the core concepts of features such as inversion of Control Container and BeanFactory, we move on to a detailed look at aspect-oriented programming. We cover the breadth and depth of Spring MVC, the WebSocket technology, Spring Data, and Spring Security with various authentication and authorization mechanisms.
Packed with real-world examples, you'll get an insight into utilizing the power of Spring Expression Language in your applications for higher maintainability. You'll also develop full-duplex real-time communication channels using WebSocket and integrate Spring with web technologies such as JSF, Struts 2, and Tapestry. At the tail end, you will build a modern SPA using EmberJS at the front end and a Spring MVC-based API at the back end.By the end of the book, you will be able to develop your own dull-fledged applications with Spring.
Style and approach
This book is a practical guide based on logical modules of the whole Spring Framework family, with a start-small approach, increasing in complexity as it progresses. Every chapter is an amalgamation of theory and practical examples, with further discussion on additional features and approaches.