Intelligent transport systems - Automatic vehicle and equipment identification - Electronic registration identification (ERI) for vehicles - Part 3: Vehicle data
|Publication Date:||1 April 2016|
|ICS Code (Road transport):||03.220.20|
|ICS Code (IT applications in transport):||35.240.60|
This part of ISO 24534 provides the requirements for an electronic registration identification (ERI) that is based on an identifier assigned to a vehicle (e.g. for recognition by national authorities) suitable to be used for the following:
- electronic identification of local and foreign vehicles by national authorities;
- vehicle manufacturing, in-life-maintenance,
- adaptation of vehicle data, e.g. in case of international re-sales;
- safety-related purposes;
- crime reduction;
- commercial services;
- adhering to privacy and data protection regulations.
This part of ISO 24534 defines the vehicle identification data. This data is called the ERI data and includes the following:
- the vehicle identifier;
- possible additional vehicle-related information (as typically included in a vehicle registration certificate).
All additional vehicle data elements are defined as optional. It is left to local legislation and/or the discretion of a registration authority to use or not to use a particular data element. If used, the value is assumed to be the one registered by the registration authority in accordance with local legislation. This part of ISO 24534 only provides the syntax for all these data elements.
NOTE The secure application layer interfaces for the exchange of ERI data with an ERI reader or writer are specified in ISO 24534-4 and in ISO 24534-5.