MSFC - NASA MPR 8730.3 REV H-3
CONTROL OF NONCONFORMING PRODUCT With Change 3 (8/18/15)
|Publication Date:||30 June 2011|
To provide a system for documenting and dispositioning nonconforming products and preventing unintended use or installation at MSFC to ensure safe products as permitted by NPR 1400.1 and required by MPD 1280.1.
a. This MPR applies to Center personnel, programs, projects, and activities, including contractors and resident agencies to the extent specified in their respective contracts or agreements. ("Contractors," for purposes of this paragraph, include contractors, grantees, Cooperative Agreement recipients, Space Act Agreement partners, or other agreement parties.)
b. This MPR does not apply to the Michoud Assembly Facility.
c. This MPR applies to nonconformances (documenting and resolving) for the following:
(1) Items that are released into the MSFC Integrated Configuration Management System (ICMS), or the MSFC Design and Data Management System (DDMS).
(2) Other hardware/software that has not been released into the MSFC ICMS or MSFC DDMS, but designated by project management, the Lead Systems Engineer, Chief Engineer or the Director, Engineering Directorate (ED), and excludes software undergoing verification and validation testing.
(3) Purchased items found to be nonconforming at MSFC receiving inspection and are accepted by the Contracting Officer (CO).
(4) Test facility hardware failures when their failure adversely affects testing and/or hardware damage resulting from test facility failure (reference paragraph 3.3).
(5) Any nonconformity detected after delivery or use has started whether at MSFC or a customer location.
(6) Anomalies or failures, or damage associated with Customer Supplied Product (CSP) at MSFC.
(7) When a product is accepted "as is" by the CO. (See MPR 1280.4)
d. This MPR applies to items delivered to the customer that are determined to be nonconforming after delivery or delivered items returned by the customer due to a failure.
e. This MPR does not apply to the following types of nonconformances:
(1) Nonconforming products detected during receiving inspection. (See MWI 5100.1)
(2) Equipment or property damage greater than $1,000. (See MWI 8621.1)