CEN - EN 754-8
Aluminium and aluminium alloys - Cold drawn rod/bar and tube - Part 8: Porthole tubes, tolerances on dimensions and form
|Publication Date:||1 June 2016|
|ICS Code (Aluminium products):||77.150.10|
This European Standard specifies the tolerances on dimensions and form for aluminium and aluminium alloy cold drawn porthole tubes with an outside diameter (OD) from 3 mm to 350 mm (round tube, see Figure 1) or with a cross section contained within a circumscribing circle (CD) from 8 mm to 300 mm (other than round tube, see Figure 2), supplied in straight lengths. This document only applies to cold drawn tube for general engineering applications made in the following alloys:
- EN AW-1050A, EN AW-1200;
- EN AW-3003, EN AW-3103;
- EN AW-5005, EN AW-5005A, EN AW-5049, EN AW-5251, EN AW-5052;
- EN AW-6012, EN AW-6060, EN AW-6061, EN AW-6262, EN AW-6262A;
- EN AW-6063, EN AW-6063A, EN AW-6065, EN AW-6082;
- EN AW-7020. The temper designations used in this part are according to EN 515.
This document only applies to tube produced by the porthole/bridge method of extrusion only (and then cold drawn to the final dimensions).
This document does not apply to:
- cold drawn tubes produced by the seamless, die/mandrel method (EN 754-7),
- tubes delivered in coils (EN 13958),
- coiled tubes cut to length (EN 13958).