IEC TS 60204-34
Safety of machinery - Electrical equipment of machines - Part 34: Requirements for machine tools
|Publication Date:||1 August 2016|
|ICS Code (Other machine tool systems):||25.060.99|
|ICS Code (Safety of machinery):||13.110|
This clause of IEC 60204-1 is applicable except as follows:
This part of IEC 60204 applies to electrical, electronic and programmable electronic equipment and systems of machine tools not portable by hand while working, including a group of machines working together in a co-ordinated manner.
In this part of IEC 60204, machine tools means all machines for the working of metal, wood, plastics and stone, operating by forming or removal of material. The following list includes examples of machine tools but not limited to:
- Turning machines (i.e. manually controlled turning machines without numerical control, manually controlled turning machines with limited numerically controlled capability, numerically controlled turning machines and turning centres, single - or multi-spindle automatic turning machines);
- Milling machines(including boring machines);
- Machining centres;
- Planing machines;
- Drilling machines;
- Grinding machines;
- Laser processing machines;
- Electro Discharge Machines(EDM) (except their power circuit for discharge);
- Sawing machines for cold metal;
- Guillotine shears;
- Hydraulic press brakes;
- Mechanical (or hydraulic, pneumatic) presses.
Power circuits where electrical energy is directly used as a working tool are excluded from this part of IEC 60204.
In addition to this document, the applicable C-standard for the machines listed in the examples can be referred for more information.