Safety of electrically heated blankets, pads and similar flexible heating appliances for household use
|Publication Date:||1 January 1994|
This standard applies to electrically heated flexible appliances designed for the application of heat to a bed, or to the human body, such as blankets, pads and mattresses for household purposes, and to control units delivered with them. This standard does not apply to:
- rigid bed warmers, such as those of metal or ceramic material;
- appliances specifically intended for use by persons under medical supervision;
- appliances for pets and other household animals.
For appliances incorporating a massage function IEC Publication 335-2-32 is also applicable.
Additional requirements are under consideration for:
- appliances incorporating conductive sheet type heating elements;
- appliances incorporating positive temperature coefficien. 'PTC) heating elements.
This standard is concerned with safety and takes into account the influence on safety of components necessary to achieve a required degree of radio and television interference suppression