ANSI - INCITS/ISO/IEC 29197
Information technology - Evaluation methodology for environmental influence in biometric system performance
|Publication Date:||1 January 2015|
This International Standard addresses
- fundamental requirements for planning and execution of environmental performance evaluations for biometric systems based on scenario and operational test methodologies,
- specifications to define, establish, and measure specific conditions to assess, including requirements for equipment,
- requirements for establishing a baseline performance in order to compare the influence of environmental parameters,
- a specification of the biometric evaluation including requirements for test population, test protocols, data to record, and test results, and
- procedures for carrying out the overall evaluation.
This International Standard does not
- determine which parameters should be analysed for a specific biometric modality (This is currently covered in ISO/IEC/TR 19795-3.),
- specify requirements to perform a vulnerability analysis modifying environmental factors (This is covered by ISO/IEC 19792.),
- classify biometric systems upon performance against different environmental conditions, or
- specify requirements for determining the functional effects of environmental conditions on hardware components (such as corrosion, electrical interference, breakage, etc.) of biometric systems.