Adjustable speed electrical power drive systems – Part 9-2: Ecodesign for power drive systems, motor starters, power electronics and their driven applications – Energy efficiency indicators for power drive systems and motor starters
|Publication Date:||1 March 2017|
|ICS Code (Motors):||29.160.30|
|ICS Code (Rectifiers. Converters. Stabilized power supply):||29.200|
|ICS Code (Switchgear and controlgear in general):||29.130.01|
This part of IEC 61800 specifies energy efficiency indicators of power electronics (complete drive modules, CDM), power drive systems (PDS) and motor starters, all used for motor driven equipment.
It specifies the methodology for the determination of losses of the complete drive module (CDM), the power drive system (PDS) and the motor system.
It defines IE and IES-classes, their limit values and provides test procedures for the classification of the overall losses of the motor system.
Furthermore, this document proposes a methodology for the implementation of the best energy efficiency solution of drive systems. This depends on the architecture of the motor driven system, on the speed/load profile and on the operating points over time of the driven equipment.
The methodology of the extended product approach and the semi analytical models are defined in IEC 61800-9-1.
The structure of this document is as follows:
• the losses of standardized reference PDS (RPDS), standardized reference CDM (RCDM) and the mathematical model for their calculation are given and classified;
• the reference motor (RM) and the reference CDM (RCDM) are defined and can be used to determine the efficiency class of a motor system when one of its constituents is unknown;
• the requirements for the determination of the losses of a real PDS and a real CDM are given and compared to the reference RPDS and RCDM;
• the requirements for type testing and user documentation are given;
• some exemplary losses of an overall system are illustrated in annexes;
• information about system and drive topologies are given in annexes.
Specific data for power losses of RCDM, RM, RPDS and IE/IES-classes are given for low voltage (100 V up to and equal to 1 000 V), single axis AC/AC power drive systems with three-phase motors. Geared motors are treated as standard motors when motor and gearbox can be separated.
All provided reference data is derived from PDS with induction motors. It may be used for all types of PDS with other types of motors as well.
The application of this document to the following equipment may be technically possible but is not mandatory: