DIN EN 16704-2-1
Railway applications - Track - Safety protection on the track during work - Part 2-1: Common solutions and technologies - Technical requirements for Track Warning Systems (TWS)
|Publication Date:||1 March 2017|
|ICS Code (Construction of railways):||93.100|
This European Standard defines minimum functional and non-functional requirements for Track Warning Systems (TWS) used to warn persons about approaching trains and rail vehicles during their work on or near the track. These systems may also have an additional function that can influence the approaching trains and rail vehicles. The influence could be a stopping, passing or other function.
This European Standard is applicable to:
- systems, sub-systems and components within TWS, including those containing software;
- new TWS; - new integrations of systems, sub-systems and components into existing TWS; and
- modifications of TWS developed according to this standard.
It is also recommended to use this standard for single warning units (e.g. simple electrical horns).
This European Standard does not apply to the following items:
- hazards during the installation/removal
- hazards caused by the improper use of TWS;
- hazards caused by the improper behaviour of persons working on or near the track;
- hazards caused by the (unauthorized) presence of persons on or near the track;
- CO2-horns (tyfons), human operated pressure signal horns, flags, detonators or machine warning systems according to UIC 644;
- national safety regulations to plan and operate TWS in track.