Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-52: Particular requirements for oral hygiene appliances
|Publication Date:||1 October 2017|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
|ICS Code (Body care equipment):||97.170|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric oral hygiene appliances for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
NOTE 101 Examples of appliances covered by this standard are
- oral irrigators;
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- persons (including children) whose
• physical, sensory or mental capabilities; or
• lack of experience and knowledge
prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction;
- children playing with the appliance.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to appliances for medical purposes (IEC 60601).