Hot-rolled steel sheet in coils of higher yield strength with improved formability and heavy thickness for cold forming
|Publication Date:||1 November 2017|
|ICS Code (Flat steel products and semi-products):||77.140.50|
This document is applicable to continuous hot-rolled steel sheet in coils of higher yield strength with improved formability and heavy thickness for cold forming. The steel can be treated to achieve inclusion control. It is generally used in the as-delivered condition.
As a result of the combination of higher strength and improved formability, it is possible to obtain savings in mass along with better weldability.
The product is intended for applications where parts are to be fabricated requiring better formability than is provided by normal high-yield-strength steel sheet.
The steel sheet is produced in a number of grade designations designed to be compatible with differing application requirements.
This document does not apply to
- steels intended for boilers or pressure vessels,
- steels designated as commercial quality, drawing quality or structural quality,
- steels rolled to cold-reduced products,
- steels designated as weathering steels, having increased atmospheric corrosion resistance, or
- those products rolled on a plate mill