SNZ AS/NZS 60079.17
Explosive atmospheres Part 17: Electrical installations inspection and maintenance
|Publication Date:||12 December 2017|
This part of the IEC 60079 series applies to users and covers factors directly related to the inspection and maintenance of electrical installations within hazardous areas only, where the hazard may be caused by flammable gases, vapours, mists, dusts, fibres or flyings.
It does not include:
• other fundamental installation and inspection requirements for electrical installations;
• the verification of electrical equipment;
• the repair and reclamation of explosion protected equipment (see IEC 60079-19).
This standard supplements the requirements of IEC 60364-6.
In the case of dusts, fibres or flyings the level of housekeeping may influence the inspection and maintenance requirements.
This standard is intended to be applied where there can be a risk due to the presence of explosive gas or dust mixtures with air or combustible dust layers under normal atmospheric conditions.
It does not apply to:
• underground mining areas,
• dusts of explosives that do not require atmospheric oxygen for combustion,
• pyrophoric substances.