CEI EN 61400-25-4
Wind energy generation systems Part 25-4: Communications for monitoring and control of wind power plants - Mapping to communication profile
|Publication Date:||1 November 2017|
|ICS Code (Wind turbine energy systems):||27.180|
The focus of the IEC 61400-25 series is on the communications between wind power plant components such as wind turbines and actors such as SCADA systems. Internal communication within wind power plant components is outside the scope of the IEC 61400-25 series.
The IEC 61400-25 series is designed for a communication environment supported by a clientserver model. Three areas are defined, that are modelled separately to ensure the scalability of implementations:
a) wind power plant information model,
b) information exchange model, and
c) mapping of these two models to a standard communication profile.
The wind power plant information model and the information exchange model, viewed together, constitute an interface between client and server. In this conjunction, the wind power plant information model serves as an interpretation frame for available wind power plant information. The wind power plant information model is used by the server to offer the client a uniform, component-oriented view of the wind power plant data. The information exchange model reflects the whole active functionality of the server. The IEC 61400-25 series enables connectivity between a heterogeneous combination of client and servers from different manufacturers and suppliers.
As depicted in Figure 1, the IEC 61400-25 series defines a server with the following aspects:
- Information provided by a wind power plant component, for example, 'wind turbine rotor speed' or 'total power production of a certain time interval' is modelled and made available for access. The information modelled in the IEC 61400-25 series is defined in IEC 61400- 25-2.
- Services to exchange values of the modelled information, defined in IEC 61400-25-3.
- Mapping to a communication profile, providing a protocol stack to carry the messages, i.e. the service requests and responses and the values from the modelled information (IEC 61400-25-4).
IEC 61400-25-5 defines test cases associated with information, services and protocol stacks for conformance testing of both servers and clients.
The IEC 61400-25 series only defines how to model the information, information exchange and mapping to specific communication protocols. The IEC 61400-25 series excludes a definition of how and where to implement the communication interface, the application program interface and implementation recommendations. However, the objective of the IEC 61400-25 series is that the information associated with a single wind power plant component (such as a wind turbine) is accessible through a corresponding logical device.
This part of the IEC 61400-25 series specifies the specific mappings to protocol stacks encoding the messages required for the information exchange between a client and a remote server for:
- data access and retrieval, - device control,
- event reporting and logging,
- self-description of devices (device data dictionary),
- data typing and discovery of data types.
The mappings specified in this part of IEC 61400-25 comprise:
- a mapping to SOAP-based web services, - a mapping to OPC/XML-DA,
- a mapping to IEC 61850-8-1 MMS,
- a mapping to IEC 60870-5-104,
- a mapping to DNP3.
All mappings are optional, but at least one optional mapping needs to be selected in order to be compliant with this part of IEC 61400-25.