Household electric direct-acting room heaters – Methods for measuring performance
|Publication Date:||1 April 2018|
|ICS Code (Electric heaters):||97.100.10|
|ICS Code (Domestic, commercial and industrial heating appliances):||97.100|
This standard applies to electric direct-acting room heaters. They may be portable, stationary, fixed, or built-in.
It does not apply to:
- thermal-storage room heaters (IEC 60531);
- heating appliances incorporated in the building structure;
- central heating systems;
- heaters connected to an air duct;
- wall-paper, carpets or drapes incorporating flexible heating elements.
This standard defines the main performance characteristics of direct-acting room heaters and specifies methods for measuring these characteristics, for the information of users.
This standard does not specify values for performance characteristics.
NOTE - This standard does not deal with:
- safety requirements (IEC 60335-2-30);
- acoustical noise of fan heaters (IEC 60704-2-2).