DIN EN ISO 25649-1
Floating leisure articles for use on and in the water - Part 1: Classification, materials, general requirements and test methods (ISO 25649-1:2017)
|Publication Date:||1 April 2018|
|ICS Code (Outdoor and water sports equipment):||97.220.40|
This document specifies safety requirements and test methods related to materials, safety, performance for classified floating leisure articles for use on and in water in accordance with Clause 4.
This document is only applicable with ISO 25649-2 and the relevant specific parts (ISO 25649-3 to ISO 25649-7).
NOTE 1 Specific safety requirements are specified in ISO 25649-3 to ISO 25649-7.
NOTE 2 The specific parts can include exclusions from the general requirements specified in this document and/or ISO 25649-2.
This document is not applicable to:
- aquatic toys according to European Directive 2009/48/EC (use in shallow waters/use under supervision);
- inflatable boats with a buoyancy > 1 800 N according to European Directive 94/25/EC;
- buoyant aids for swimming instructions according to European Directive 89/686/EEC;
- air mattresses which are not specifically designed or intended for use on the water (e.g. velour bed, self inflating mattress and rubberized cotton air mattress);
- floating seats for angling purposes;
- surf sports type devices (e.g. body boards, surf boards);
- water ski, wakeboard or kite surfing board;
- devices made from rigid materials e.g. wood, aluminium, hard or non-deformable plastic;
- devices which are kept in shape by permanent air flow;
- rings intended for use on water slides;
- wading devices.