Low-voltage electrical installations – Part 7-717: Requirements for special installations or locations – Mobile or transportable units
|Publication Date:||1 July 2009|
|ICS Code (Electricity supply systems):||91.140.50|
|ICS Code (Electrical engineering in general):||29.020|
The particular requirements as specified in this part of IEC 60364 are applicable to mobile or transportable units.
For the purpose of this standard, the term "unit" is intended to mean a vehicle and/or mobile or transportable structure in which all or part of an electrical installation is contained.
- either of the mobile type, e.g. vehicles (self-propelled or towed);
- or of the transportable type, e.g. containers or cabins placed on a base frame.
Examples of the intended use are for broadcasting, medical services, advertising, fire fighting, workshops, etc.
Two or more units may be electrically connected together.
The requirements are not applicable to
- generating sets;
- marinas and pleasure craft;
- mobile machinery in accordance with IEC 60204-1;
- traction equipment of electric vehicles.
Where applicable, additional requirements as laid down in other clauses of part 7 are to be taken into consideration, e.g. for showers, medical locations, etc.