Optical fibre cable construction for sewer duct applications Amendment 1: New Appendix III – Italian experience: Construction of special optical fibre cables for extreme applications in sewer ducts
|Publication Date:||1 June 2010|
- refers to optical fibre cables to be used for telecommunications networks in sewer ducts and/or drainpipes;
- deals with the mechanical and environmental characteristics of optical fibre cables for sewer applications. The optical fibre dimensional and transmission characteristics, together with their test methods, should comply with [IEC 60793-2-10], [ITU-T G.652], [ITU-T G.653], [ITU-T G.654], [ITU-T G.655], [ITU-T G.656] and [ITU-T G.657], which deal with a multi-mode graded index optical fibre and single-mode optical fibres, respectively;
- deals with fundamental considerations related to optical fibre cable from mechanical and environmental standpoints;
- acknowledges that some optical fibre cables may contain metallic elements, for which reference should be made to [b-ITU-T Plant] (see [ITU-T L.1]), and other L-Series Recommendations;
- recommends that an optical fibre cable should be provided with cable end-sealing and protection during cable delivery and storage, as used for metallic cables. If splicing components have been factory installed they should be adequately protected.