DODD 4715.06-M VOL 2 CE-02
REGULATIONS ON VESSELS OWNED OR OPERATED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE: OIL POLLUTION PREVENTION
|Publication Date:||15 April 2019|
This manual is composed of several volumes, each containing its own purpose. In accordance with the authority in DoD Directive 5134.01 and the July 13, 2018 Deputy Secretary of Defense Memorandum:
• This manual implements policy, assigns responsibilities, and provides procedures for environmental compliance of vessels owned or operated by DoD.
• This volume:
• Implements Annex I of the 1973 International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships (MARPOL), including the 1978 MARPOL Protocol, in accordance with the requirements of Section 1902(h) of Title 33, United States Code (U.S.C.).
• Implements and administers policies for warships, naval auxiliaries, and other public vessels owned or operated by DoD to prevent oil pollution.
a. Applies to OSD, the Military Departments, the Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Joint Staff, the Combatant Commands, the Office of the Inspector General of the Department of Defense, the Defense Agencies, the DoD Field Activities, and all other organizational entities within DoD (referred to collectively in this volume as the "DoD Components").
b. Does not apply to those DoD Components that do not:
• Own or operate public vessels.
• Have shore facilities that service DoD vessels or other authorized vessels.