Systems and software engineering — Systems and software quality requirements and evaluation (SQuaRE) — Quality requirements framework
|Publication Date:||1 August 2019|
|ICS Code (Software):||35.080|
This document provides the framework for quality requirements for systems, software products and data, which includes concept of the quality requirements, and requirements and recommendations for the processes and methods to elicit, define, use and govern them. Intended readers of this document include, but are not limited to:
- acquirers: evaluate if the system/software products/data fulfills their value proposition, i.e., meets the expected quality,
- developers: design, implement and test the system/software products/data to ensure that it meets the expected quality,
- testers: verify and validate that the system/software products/data meets the expected quality,
- project managers: plan, monitor and control the achievement of the expected quality, and
- independent evaluators: evaluate the system/software products/data with the objective criteria.
This document complies with the technical processes defined in ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288, which are relevant for elicitation of stakeholders' quality needs and for defining, analyzing and maintaining quality requirements. In this document, the quality models in ISO/IEC 25010 and ISO/IEC 25012 are used to categorize quality requirements and to provide a basis for quantifying them in terms of quality measures in the quality measure division of ISO/IEC 2502n.
This document does not cover specification of the other requirements (such as functional requirements, process requirements, etc.), and prescribes neither any specific quality measure nor any specific development process.