CSA ISO/IEC 10164-14
Information technology — Open Systems Interconnection — Systems Management: Confidence and diagnostic test categories
|Publication Date:||1 January 2001|
|ICS Code (Application layer):||35.100.70|
This Recommendation I International Standard defines a Systems Management Function that may be used by an application process in a centralised or decentralised management environment to interact for the purpose of systems management, as defined by CCITT Rec. X.700 I ISO/IEC 7498-4. This Recommendation I International Standard defines a function which consists of generic definitions, services and functional units. This function is positioned in the application layer of ITU-T Rec. X.200 I ISO/IEC 7498-1 and is defined according to the model provided by ITU-T Rec. X.207 I ISO/IEC 9545. The role of systems management functions is described by CCITT Rec. X.701 I ISO/IEC 10040.
This Recommendation I International Standard:
- establishes user requirements for this Recommendation I International Standard;
- specifies Confidence and diagnostic test categories that relate generic definitions provided by this Recommendation I International Standard to user requirements;
- defines managed objects, packages, attribute types, operation types, and parameters documented in accordance with CCITT Rec. X.722 I ISO/IEC 10165-4;
- specifies compliance requirements placed on other Recommendations I Standards that make use of the Generic Definitions of this Recommendation I International Standard.
This Recommendation I International Standard does not:
- define the nature of any implementation intended to provide Confidence and diagnostic tests;
- specify the manner in which management is accomplished by the user of Confidence and diagnostic tests;
- define the nature of any interactions which result in the use of Confidence and diagnostic tests;
- specify the services necessary for the establishment, normal and abnormal release of a management association.