Earth-moving machinery - Wheeled or high-speed rubber-tracked machines - Performance requirements and test procedures for brake systems
|Publication Date:||1 November 2011|
|ICS Code (Earth-moving machinery):||53.100|
This International Standard specifies minimum performance requirements and test procedures for the service, secondary and parking brake systems of wheeled and high-speed rubber-tracked earth-moving machines, for the uniform assessment of those brake systems.
It is applicable to the following earth-moving machinery, operating on work sites or in mining, or travelling on public roads:
- self-propelled, rubber-tyred earth-moving machines, as defined in ISO 6165;
- self-propelled rollers and landfill compactors, as defined in ISO 6165 and ISO 8811;
- self-propelled scrapers, as defined in ISO 7133;
- remote-control machines, as defined in ISO 6165, wheeled or rubber-tracked;
- derivative earth-moving machines with rubber tyres;
- earth-moving machines with rubber tracks and a maximum machine speed greater-than or equal to 20 km/h.
It is not applicable to pedestrian-controlle
NOTE At the time of publication, no International Standard dedicated to purpose-built underground mining machines had been developed.