DODD 1225.08 CE-02
Reserve Component (RC) Facilities Programs and Unit Stationing
|Publication Date:||28 February 2020|
In accordance with the authority in DoD Directive (DoDD) 5124.02 (Reference (a)), this instruction:
a. Reissues and renames DoD Instruction (DoDI) 1225.8 (Reference (b)) and incorporates and cancels DoDD 1225.07 (Reference (c)).
b. Establishes policy, assigns responsibilities, and provides procedures for the RC Facilities Programs and Unit Stationing for the acquisition and use of RC facilities.
c. Provides policies and procedures for administering the facilities programs and unit stationing specific to the National Guard (Army and Air) and the Reserves (Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps), referred to collectively as the "RC".
d. Establishes the Senior Engineer Steering Group (SESG).
e. Renames the Joint Service Reserve Component Facilities Board as the State Facilities Board (SFB) and expands their duties and responsibilities in each of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and the U.S. possessions and territories (referred to collectively in this instruction as "States").
f. Provides for placement of RC units of the Military Departments in local communities.
g. Implements authorities and procedures for:
(1) Responsibilities of the SESG and SFBs.
(2) Real property acquisition methods, including RC real property exchanges authorized in section 18240 of Title 10, United States Code (Reference (d)).
(3) Joint construction and use of RC facilities.
(4) Facility criteria unique to the RCs.
(5) Joint federal and State agreements covering contributions of federal funds to the States for National Guard facilities.
h. Cancels DD Form 2162, "Joint Service Reserve Component Facilities Board (JSRCFB) Project Analysis." Data previously collected on this form is included on the DD Form 1390s, "FY XX Guard and Reserve Military Construction," as prescribed in chapter 6 of Volume 2B of DoD 7000.14-R (Reference (e)).