Railway applications - Braking systems of multiple unit trains - Part 2: Test methods
|Publication Date:||1 November 2019|
|ICS Code (Materials and components for railway engineering):||45.040|
This European Standard specifies test methods and acceptance criteria for a brake system for use in self propelling thermal and electric trains, in the following document called EMU/DMU, operating on routes of the European conventional rail system network.
This European Standard is applicable to:
- all new vehicles designs of self-propelling thermal and electric trains;
- all major overhauls of the EMU/DMU if they involve redesigning or extensive alteration to the brake system of the vehicle concerned.
This European Standard does not cover:
- locomotive hauled trains which are specified by EN 14198;
- mass transit rolling stock which is specified by EN 13452 (all parts);
- high speed trains being operated at speeds greater than 200 km/h which are specified by EN 15734-1 and tests in EN 15734-2.
The functional testing requirements set out in this European Standard assume the vehicles are fitted with brake system architecture as defined in EN 16185-1.
The braking performance obtained by applying the tests defined in this European Standard can be used to assess compliance with the required braking performance as defined in EN 16185-1.