CEN - EN 1504-5
Products and Systems for the Protection and Repair of Concrete Structures - Definitions, Requirements, Quality Control and Evaluation of Conformity - Part 5: Concrete Injection
|Publication Date:||1 April 2013|
|ICS Code (Concrete structures):||91.080.40|
This European Standard specifies requirements and conformity criteria for the identification, performance (including durability aspects) and safety of injection products for the repair and protection of concrete structures, used for:
- force transmitting filling of cracks, voids and interstices in concrete (category F, see 3.1);
- ductile filling of cracks, voids and interstices in concrete (category D, see 3.1);
- swelling fitted filling of cracks, voids and interstices in concrete (category S, see 3.1).
The performance requirements in this part of this document may not be applicable to highly specialised applications in extreme environmental conditions, e.g. cryogenic use, nor do they cover specialised circumstances such as accidental impact, e.g. due to traffic or ice, or earthquake loading, where specific performance requirements will apply.
This European Standard does not cover:
- the treatment of cracks by widening them and sealing them with an elastomeric sealing compound;
- external filling of cavities, that is, the placement of product outside the structure (generally within the surrounding foundation soils, or at the interface between the structure and the soil); this is covered by EN 12715 , under contact grouting;
- preliminary injection works, if necessary, to temporarily stop water passage during waterproofing injection.