Marine energy – Wave, tidal and other water current converters – Part 200: Electricity producing tidal energy converters – Power performance assessment
|Publication Date:||1 May 2013|
|ICS Code (Hydraulic energy engineering):||27.140|
This Technical Specification provides:
• a systematic methodology for evaluating the power performance of tidal current energy converters (TECs) that produce electricity for utility scale and localized grids;
• a definition of TEC rated power and rated water velocity;
• a methodology for the production of the power curves for the TECs in consideration;
• a framework for the reporting of results.
Exclusions from the scope of this Technical Specification are as follows:
• tidal energy converters (TECs) that provide forms of energy other than electrical energy unless the other form is an intermediary step that is converted into electricity by the TEC;
• resource assessment. This will be carried out in the tidal energy resource characterization and assessment Technical Specification (future IEC/TS 62600-201);
• scaling of any measured or derived results;
• power quality issues;
• any type of performance other than power and energy performance;
• the combined effect of multiple TEC arrays.