Garden equipment - Safety requirements for combustion-enginepowered lawnmowers - Part 1: Terminology and common tests
|Publication Date:||1 September 2013|
|ICS Code (Horticultural equipment):||65.060.70|
This part of ISO 5395 specifies terminology and common test
methods used for verification of safety requirements for combustion
engine powered rotary lawnmowers and cylinder lawnmowers including
- metallic cutting means and/or;
- non-metallic cutting means with one or more cutting elements pivotally mounted on a generally circular drive unit, where these cutting elements rely on centrifugal force to achieve cutting, and have a kinetic energy for each single cutting element of 10 J or more.
This document does not apply to:
- robotic and remote-controlled lawnmowers, flail mowers, grassland mowers, sickle bar mowers, towed/semi-mounted grass cutting machines, and scrub-clearing machines;
- cutting-means assembly when used in combination with an agricultural tractor;
- electrically powered and battery-powered lawnmowers.
NOTE IEC 60335-1 together with IEC
60335-2-77 give requirements for
This document is not applicable to lawnmowers which are manufactured before the date of publication of this document.