CENELEC - EN 60839-11-1
Alarm and electronic security systems - Part 11-1: Electronic access control systems - System and components requirements
|Publication Date:||1 June 2013|
|ICS Code (Alarm and warning systems):||13.320|
This part of IEC 60839 specifies the minimum functionality, performance requirements and test methods for electronic access control systems and components used for physical access (entry and exit) in and around buildings and protected areas. It does not include requirements for access point actuators and sensors.
This standard is not intended to cover requirements for off premise transmission associated with intrusion or hold up alarm signals.
This standard applies to electronic access control systems and components intended to be used in security applications for the granting of access and includes requirements for logging, identification and control of information.
The standard comprises the following:
- A conceptual model and system architecture.
- Criteria covering:
- classification based on performance functionalities and capabilities;
- access point interface requirements;
- indication and annunciation requirements (display, alert, logging);
- duress signalling and overriding;
- recognition requirements;
- system self-protection requirements;
- communication between the component parts of the electronic access control system and with other systems.
- Requirements for environmental conditions (indoor/outdoor use) and electromagnetic compatibility.
- Test methods.