DODD 1400.25 VOL 1405
DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) Pay, Awards, and Allowances
|Publication Date:||26 June 2014|
a. Instruction. This instruction is composed of several volumes, each containing its own purpose. The purpose of the overall instruction, in accordance with the authority in DoD Directive (DoDD) 5124.02 (Reference (a)), is to establish and implement policy, establish procedures, provide guidelines and model programs, delegate authority, and assign responsibilities regarding civilian personnel management within the DoD.
b. Volume. In accordance with the authority in DoDD 1400.25 (Reference (b)), this volume:
(1) Reissues Volume 1405 of DoD Instruction (DoDI) 1400.25 (Reference(c)) to establish and implement policy, assign responsibilities, and provide procedures for NAF employee pay, awards, and allowances.
(2) Provides guidance and requirements for setting and adjusting the pay of NAF executives in the Nonappropriated White-Collar Payband (NF) System, NF-6 payband.
(3) Incorporates and cancels Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness (USD(P&R)) Memorandum (Reference (d)).
APPLICABILITY. This volume applies to:
a. OSD, the Military Departments, the Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Joint Staff, the Combatant Commands, the Office of the Inspector General of the Department of Defense, the Defense Agencies, the DoD Field Activities, and all other organizational entities within the DoD (referred to collectively in this volume as the "DoD Components").
(1) The Army and Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES) is considered a DoD Component for purposes of this volume if delegated authority to oversee NAF employee pay, awards, and allowances policy by the Secretary of the Army or the Secretary of the Air Force, as applicable.
(2) The United States Marine Corps; the Navy Exchange Service Command; and the Commander, Navy Installations Command, are considered DoD Components for the purposes of this volume if delegated authority to oversee NAF employee pay, awards, and allowances policies by the Secretary of the Navy.
b. All NAF employees and positions within the DoD, including those NAF positions authorized to receive funding from appropriated funds (APF).