Anaesthetic and Respiratory Equipment - Conical Connectors - Part 1: Cones and Sockets
|Publication Date:||15 March 2015|
|ICS Code (Anaesthetic, respiratory and reanimation equipment):||11.040.10|
This part of ISO 5356 specifies dimensional and gauging requirements for cones and sockets intended for connecting anaesthetic and respiratory equipment, e.g. in breathing systems, anaesthetic gas scavenging systems, and vaporizers. The cones and sockets are therefore not regarded as devices in their own right. This part of ISO 5356 gives requirements for the following cones and sockets:
- 8,5 mm and 11,5 mm sizes intended for use in neonatal and paediatric breathing systems;
- 15 mm and 22 mm sizes intended for general use in breathing systems;
- 22 mm latching sockets (including performance requirements);
- 23 mm size intended for use with vaporizers, but not for use in breathing systems;
- 30 mm size intended for the connection of a breathing system to an anaesthetic gas scavenging system.
This part of ISO 5356 does not specify the medical devices and accessories on which these cones and sockets are to be provided.
Requirements for the application of cones and sockets are not included in this part of ISO 5356, but are or will be given in the relevant International Standards for specific medical devices and accessories.
NOTE Requirements for screw-threaded weight-bearing connectors are specified in ISO 5356-2.