CEN - EN 16508
Temporary works equipment - Encapsulation constructions - Performance requirements and general design
|Publication Date:||1 December 2015|
|ICS Code (Protection of and in buildings in general):||91.120.01|
|ICS Code (Construction technology):||91.200|
This European Standard specifies performance requirements and design methods for temporary roofs and encapsulations.
It is possible to form the constructions in several ways:
- temporary roof which is supported by an existing permanent construction (Figure 1);
- temporary roof which is supported by a scaffold (Figure 2 and 3);
- temporary roof which is supported by another temporary construction (e.g. steel frame);
- temporary wall which is supported by a separate construction (Figure 4);
- encapsulation which is a complete temporary construction including roof, walls and corresponding temporary supports (Figure 5).
This European Standard sets out general requirements. These are substantially independent of the materials of which the construction is made. This standard is intended to be used as the basis for enquiry and design.