CEN - EN 13121-3
GRP tanks and vessels for use above ground - Part 3: Design and workmanship
|Publication Date:||1 April 2016|
|ICS Code (Stationary containers and tanks):||23.020.10|
This European Standard gives requirements for the design, fabrication, inspection, testing and verification of GRP tanks and vessels with or without thermoplastics lining for storage or processing of fluids, factory made or site built, non-pressurized or pressurized up to 10 bar, for use above ground. Further requirements are presented in normative Annex G.
The terms vessels and tanks as used in this part of EN 13121 include branches up to the point of connection to pipe work or other equipment by bolting and supports, brackets or other attachments bonded directly to the shell.
This part of EN 13121 covers vessels and tanks subject to temperatures between - 40 °C and 120 °C.
Excluded from this part of EN 13121 are:
- tanks and vessels for the transport of fluids;
- underground storage tanks;
- spherical vessels;
- vessels and tanks of irregular shape;
- tanks and vessels with double containment where the double wall is considered structural;
- tanks and vessels which are subject to the risk of explosion, or failure of which may cause an emission of radioactivity;
- specification for fibre reinforced cisterns of one piece and sectional construction for the storage, above ground, of cold water (see EN 13280).