Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-68: Particular requirements for spray extraction appliances, for industrial and commercial use
|Publication Date:||1 March 2007|
|ICS Code (Home economics in general):||97.020|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This International Standard deals with the safety of electrical portable, motor-operated spray extraction appliances and electrical attachments intended for industrial and commercial use, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances. These appliances employ water-based cleaning agents and are used for cleaning fabrics, upholstery, carpets, floor coverings or hard surfaces.
NOTE 101 Commercial uses are for example for use in hotels, schools, hospitals, factories, shops and offices for other than normal housekeeping purposes, and in the rental business.
Machines with or without electrical heating elements and with or without attachments are within the scope of this standard.
This standard covers appliances in which the pressure of the cleaning agent is positive and not more than 2,5 MPa, or in which the product of the pressure (in MPa) and the flow of cleaning agent (in litres per minute) does not exceed 100, and in which the temperature of the cleaning agent at the spray nozzle outlet does not exceed 85 ºC.
This standard also applies to machines handling hazardous dust such as asbestos or liquids for which additional national requirements might apply.
It is also applicable to appliances making use of other forms of energy for the motor; but it is necessary that their influence is taken into consideration.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to
- appliances exclusively designed to handle hazardous solvents, such as flammable or explosive liquids;
- appliances solely designed for household use;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (vapour or gas);
- audio, video and similar electronic apparatus (IEC 60065);
- appliances for medical purposes (IEC 60601);
- hand-held motor-operated electric tools (IEC 60745);
- personal computers and similar equipment (IEC 60950);
- transportable motor-operated electric tools (IEC 61029).