IEC - 60335-2-68
Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-68: Particular requirements for spray extraction machines, for commercial use
|Publication Date:||1 May 2021|
|ICS Code (Home economics in general):||97.020|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This part of IEC 60335 deals with the safety of electrical portable, non-self-propelled motor-operated spray extraction machines with or without attachments and with or without electrical heating elements, intended for commercial indoor use.
NOTE 101 This standard applies to machines for commercial use. The following list, although not comprehensive, gives an indication of locations that are included in the scope:
- public use areas such as hotels, schools, hospitals;
- industrial locations, for example factories and manufacturing shops;
- retail outlets, for example shops and supermarkets;
- business premises, for example offices and banks;
- rental services for those machines;
- all uses other than normal housekeeping purposes.
These machines are not equipped with a traction drive.
NOTE 102 Machines for the same intended function but equipped with a traction drive are covered by IEC 60335-2-72.
The following power systems are covered:
- mains powered motors up to a rated voltage of 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances,
- battery-operated machines.
This standard applies to machines in which the pressure of the employed cleaning agent does not exceed 2,5 MPa, and in which the product of the pressure (in MPa) and the flow of cleaning agent (in litres per minute) does not exceed 100, and in which the temperature of the cleaning agent at the spray nozzle outlet does not exceed 85 °C.
This standard does not apply to
- vacuum cleaners and water-suction cleaning appliances for household use (IEC 60335-2-2);
- floor treatment machines for commercial use (IEC 60335-2-67, IEC 60335-2-72);
- wet and dry vacuum cleaners, including power brush, for commercial use (IEC 60335-2-69);
NOTE 103 IEC 60335-2-67 and IEC 60335-2-69 cover only machines without traction drive.
- hand-held and transportable motor-operated electric tools (IEC 60745 series, IEC 61029 series, IEC 62841 series).
- machines designed for use in corrosive or explosive environments (dust, vapour or gas);
- machines designed for picking up hazardous dusts (as defined in IEC 60335-2-69), inflammable substances, or glowing particles;
- machines designed to handle hazardous solvents, such as flammable or explosive liquids;
NOTE 104 Attention is drawn to the fact that in many countries, additional requirements on the safe use of the equipment covered can be specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.