CEI EN 60335-2-67
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety Part 2: Particular requirements for floor treatment machines for commercial use
|Publication Date:||1 October 2013|
|ICS Code (Pumps):||23.080|
|ICS Code (Water heating equipment):||91.140.65|
This International Standard deals with the safety of powered floor treatment machines intended for commercial indoor or outdoor use for the following applications:
• wet or dry pick-up,
• polishing and dry buffing,
• application of wax, sealing products and powder based detergents,
• stripping, grinding and scarifying of floors with an artificial surface. Their cleaning motion is more lateral or periodic than linear.
NOTE 101 By contrast, the cleaning motion of machines covered by IEC 60335-2-72 is more linear than lateral or periodic.
NOTE 102 This standard applies to machines for commercial use. The following list, although not comprehensive, gives an indication of locations that are included in the scope:
• public use areas such as hotels, schools, hospitals;
• industrial locations, for example factories and manufacturing shops;
• retail outlets, for example shops and supermarkets;
• business premises, for example offices and banks;
• all uses other than normal housekeeping purposes.
They are not equipped with a traction drive. The following power systems are covered:
• internal combustion engines,
• mains powered motors up to a rated voltage of 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances,
• battery-powered motors.
Battery powered machines may be equipped with a built-in battery charger.
This standard deals with the reasonably foreseeable hazards presented by machines that are encountered by all persons. However, in general, it does not take into account:
- children playing with the machine;
- the use of the machine by children;
- the use of the machine by vulnerable people or very vulnerable people.
This standard does not apply to
• vacuum cleaners and water-suction cleaning appliances for household use (IEC 60335-2-2);
• floor treatment appliances for household use according to IEC 60335-2-10;
• spray extraction machines for commercial use (IEC 60335-2-68);
• wet and dry vacuum cleaners, including power brush, for commercial use (IEC 60335-2-69);
• floor treatment machines with or without traction drive, for commercial use, according to IEC 60335-2-72;
• hand-held and transportable motor-operated electric tools (IEC 60745 series, IEC 61029 series);
• machines designed for use in corrosive or explosive environments (dust, vapour or gas);
• machines designed for picking up hazardous dusts (as defined in IEC 60335-2-69), inflammable substances, or glowing particles;
• machines designed for use in vehicles or on board of ships or aircraft.
NOTE 103 Attention is drawn to the fact that in many countries, additional requirements on the safe use of the equipment covered can be specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.