Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-65: Particular requirements for air-cleaning appliances
|Publication Date:||1 January 2011|
|ICS Code (Ventilators. Fans. Air-conditioners):||23.120|
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric air-cleaning appliances for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for singlephase appliances and 480 V for other appliances.
Appliances not intended for normal household use but that nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops, in light industry and on farms, are within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- persons (including children) whose
• physical, sensory or mental capabilities; or
• lack of experience and knowledge prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction;
- children playing with the appliance.
NOTE 101 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
NOTE 102 This standard does not apply to
- appliances intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- air-cleaning systems incorporated in the building structure