Data quality - Part 120: Master data: Exchange of characteristic data: Provenance
|Publication Date:||1 October 2016|
|ICS Code (Industrial process measurement and control):||25.040.40|
This part of ISO 8000 specifies requirements for the representation and exchange of information about the provenance of master data that consists of characteristic data, and supplements the requirements of ISO 8000-110.
NOTE 1 ISO 8000-110 specifies that such data be represented as property values. This part of ISO 8000 provides additional requirements for property values when provenance information needs to be captured. Provenance is the history or pedigree of a property value.
This part of ISO 8000 does not specify a complete model for characteristic data, nor does it specify an exchange format for characteristic data with provenance information.
NOTE 2 This is done in other standards that reference this part of ISO 8000, e.g. ISO 22745-40.
The following are within the scope of this part of ISO 8000:
- scenarios for data provenance;
- requirements for capture and exchange of data provenance information;
- conceptual data model for data provenance information.
The following are outside the scope of this part of ISO 8000:
- exchange format for data provenance information;
- scheme for registering and resolving organization identifiers and person identifiers;
- provenance of data that are not characteristic data represented as property values;
- configuration management;
- change control;
- syntax of identifiers;
- resolution of identifiers.
Some of the requirements in this part of ISO 8000 can apply to exchange of data that is not master data which consists of characteristic data represented as property values.
NOTE 3 ISO 8000-100 provides an overview of the master data quality series of parts of ISO 8000 and a description of its overall structure