Data quality - Part 130: Master data: Exchange of characteristic data: Accuracy
|Publication Date:||1 October 2016|
|ICS Code (Industrial process measurement and control):||25.040.40|
This part of ISO 8000 is an optional addition to ISO 8000-120 and specifies requirements for representation and exchange of information about accuracy of master data that consists of characteristic data.
NOTE 1 ISO 8000-110 specifies that such data be represented as property values. ISO 8000-120 provides additional requirements for property values when data provenance information needs to be captured.
This part of ISO 8000 does not specify a complete model for characteristic data, nor does it specify an exchange format for characteristic data with data accuracy information.
NOTE 2 This is done in other standards that reference this part of ISO 8000, e.g. ISO/TS 22745-40.
The following are within the scope of this part of ISO 8000:
- requirements for capture and exchange of data accuracy information in the form of statements and assertions of data accuracy;
- conceptual data model for data accuracy information in the form of statements and assertions of data accuracy.
The following are outside the scope of this part of ISO 8000:
- requirements for data accuracy;
NOTE 3 The requirements for data accuracy depend on many factors, e.g. the kind of data, how the data are being used, industry, and needs of the partners exchanging the data. It is not possible to state general requirements for data accuracy.
- exchange format for data accuracy information;
- scheme for registering and resolving organization identifiers and person identifiers;
- accuracy of data that are not characteristic data represented as property values;
- syntax of identifiers;
- resolution of identifiers.
Some of the requirements in this part of ISO 8000 can apply to exchange of data that is not master data which consists of characteristic data represented as property values.