German construction contract procedures (VOB) - Part C: General technical specifications in construction contracts (ATV) - Trenchless pipelaying
|Publication Date:||1 September 2016|
|ICS Code (Contractual aspects):||91.010.20|
|ICS Code (External water conveyance systems):||93.025|
This standard specifies requirements relating to the trenchless laying of underground prefabricated pipes or similar elements of any shape by jacking, driving or towing.
It also deals with trenchless pipelaying using techniques such as pipe eating and pipe bursting, including excavation of soil and rock as the pipe is driven and the removal of spoil from the pipe and its immediate surroundings
This standard does not cover
- the making of launch, intermediate, receiving and other pits (see DIN 18300 and DIN 18303),
- drilling operations (see DIN 18301),
- underground drainage (see DIN 18306),
- laying of buried pressure pipework (see DIN 18307),
- underground construction work (see DIN 18312),
- the installation of pipes in the jacking pipes or existing pipes, or
- horizontal directional drilling (see DIN 18324).
DIN 18299, clauses 1 to 5 shall also apply. In cases where the specifications of DIN 18299 contradict the present standard, DIN 18319 shall take precedence.